Always use portable generators outside, far from the home. Never operate a generator inside a home, garage, basement, crawlspace or shed, or near a window or exterior vent. We would like to thank the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission for this material. Visit the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission at www.cpsc.gov read more →

Install and maintain CO alarms in your home to protect your family against the “invisible killer.” We would like to thank the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission for this material. Visit the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission at www.cpsc.gov read more →

Carbon monoxide (CO) is called the “invisible killer.” You cannot see or smell it, but a carbon monoxide alarm can detect CO. That is why it is so important to have CO alarms in your home. We would like to thank the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission for this material. Visit the United States.. read more →

Prevent carbon monoxide poisoning in your home. Learn more in this easy-to-read safety alert. We would like to thank the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission for this material. Visit the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission at www.cpsc.gov read more →

Never use portable heaters or lanterns while sleeping in enclosed areas such as tents, campers and vehicles. We would like to thank the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission for this material. Visit the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission at www.cpsc.gov read more →

What is carbon monoxide (CO) and how is it produced? Carbon monoxide (CO) is a deadly, colorless, odorless, poisonous gas. It is produced by the incomplete burning of various fuels, including coal, wood, charcoal, oil, kerosene, propane, and natural gas. Products and equipment powered by internal combustion engines such as portable generators, cars, lawn mowers,.. read more →

United States Consumer Product Safety Commission

The Invisible Killer Carbon monoxide, also known as CO, is called the “Invisible Killer” because it’s a colorless, odorless, poisonous gas. More than 150 people in the Unites States die every year from accidental non-fire related CO poisoning associated with consumer products, including generators. Other products include faulty, improperly-used or incorrectly-vented fuel-burning appliances such as.. read more →

Safety Tips Have your home heating systems (including chimneys and vents) inspected and serviced annually by a trained service technician. Never use portable generators inside homes or garages, even if doors and windows are open. Use generators outside only, far away from the home. Never bring a charcoal grill into the house for heating or.. read more →