Southwest Senior High School
In high school, Elisia challenged herself to take AP classes starting freshman year and was in the top ten percent throughout her time at Southwest. She was inducted as a member of NHS in tenth grade and was an NHS treasurer during her senior year. She was also on the swimming and water polo team her junior year. She spent her summer as a rising senior volunteering at a non-profit theatre camp. She is now attending Brown University and plans on majoring in Literary Arts and/or Psychology.
Florida International University
Sheila is finishing her junior year at Florida International University this fall 2017. She is pursuing a bachelor in the college of communication and journalism for public relations. Sheila hopes to become a successful editor for a public relations company. Ms. Salgado is very involved within her campus community. As the current Best Buddies FIU president, she hopes to make a difference in the lives of those with disabilities. Sheila also holds an executive board position within her sorority, Phi Sigma Sigma ,and is the current sweetheart for Tony’s fraternity, Pi Kappa Phi. She was overwhelmed to receive this scholarship not only because she hopes to be an influential student like Tony, but also because she believes philanthropy is the most successful way to inspire others and better our community. To win an award like this amongst some of her most successful peers is definitely an experience she will always consider a blessing.
- 19 Apr 20182017/2018 Scholarship RecipientLaura Paule Southwest Senior High School Throughout her high school years, Laura committed herself t...
- 20 Oct 20172016/2017 Scholarship RecipientsElisia Lopez Southwest Senior High School In high school, Elisia challenged herself to take AP class...
- 03 Apr 2017High Carbon Monoxide Levels Kill Children at a Hotel in Michigan...
- 03 Apr 2017Tragic Death after Carbon Monoxide Leak at Hotel Pool...
- 05 Mar 2017Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: Vehicles (AEN-208)The lethal consequences of CO in engine exhaust is tragically illustrated by the hundreds of persons...
More info on the #InvisibleKiller
Carbon monoxide, also known as CO, is called the "Invisible Killer" because it's a colorless, odorless, poisonous gas. More than 150 people in the Unites States die every year from accidental non-fire related CO poisoning associated with consumer products.
Check out CPSC's CO Information Center for valuable details and resources for keeping your family safe from the risk of poisoning.
Check out the conversation on Twitter:#InvisibleKiller