Southwest Senior High School
While in high school, Andrea worked her way up from regular courses to Advanced Placement courses and was accepted in many clubs such as the Eco Club and the Davinci Society. Since freshman year in High School, she ranked in the top ten percent and graduates at the top four percent of her class. All the while, Andrea was able to balance school academics, play in the girls basketball league, conduct volunteer work, and hold a part time job after school. Her plans for the future include studying at the University of South Florida and obtaining a doctorate’s degree in Veterinary medicine.
Florida International University
Currently finishing his junior year at Florida International University, Allan is pursuing a bachelor of science in biomedical engineering with a minor in computer science. He hopes to eventually get into the field of prosthetics or pathology diagnostics, and is currently interning for a company named Entopsis. Throughout his time at this institution, he has taken on several on-campus involvements like that of Panther Camp, Peer Mentor, Dance Marathon, Alternative Breaks, as well as several positions within his fraternity, Pi Kappa Phi. Honored was the most resonating feeling in winning a scholarship named after such an esteemed brother and FIU panther.
- 03 Apr 2017High Carbon Monoxide Levels Kill Children at a Hotel in Michigan...
- 03 Apr 2017Tragic Death after Carbon Monoxide Leak at Hotel Pool...
- 05 Mar 2017Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: Vehicles (AEN-208)The lethal consequences of CO in engine exhaust is tragically illustrated by the hundreds of persons...
- 05 Mar 2017Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: Garages (AEN-207)Carbon monoxide (CO) is a highly toxic gas produced when fuels burn incompletely. The typical intern...
- 05 Mar 2017Keyless Ignitions Led to Carbon Monoxide Deaths and Should Have Been Recalled, Suit SaysBy Erin Dooley Some of the world’s biggest automakers should have recalled millions of vehicles with...
More info on the #InvisibleKiller
Carbon monoxide, also known as CO, is called the "Invisible Killer" because it's a colorless, odorless, poisonous gas. More than 150 people in the Unites States die every year from accidental non-fire related CO poisoning associated with consumer products.
Check out CPSC's CO Information Center for valuable details and resources for keeping your family safe from the risk of poisoning.
Check out the conversation on Twitter:#InvisibleKiller