Southwest Senior High School
Nadine has always been an extremely involved student in and outside the classroom. Her passion for helping others led for her to be the president of The Da Vinci Society her senior year, and by dedicating her time to focusing the events of her club around the environment and its importance she found herself interning for the only under water research base in the entire world, Aquarius Reef Base. While juggling an internship, volunteering, and managing The Da Vinci Society she also managed to be a dedicated student involving herself in multiple AP classes which earned her a 4.7 GPA.When Nadine heard about the Anthony’s Light scholarship she was very touched at how Anthony was also involved as well as an exceptional student. She was then motivated to apply, and she is now extremely grateful to have been awarded the scholarship. Nadine was admitted to Florida International University where she pursues a Bachelor’s Degree in environmental studies with a minor in Spanish.td>
Florida International University
During high school, Kevin was not very involved at all. However, when Kevin began FIU he became an associate member of the the Pi Kappa Phi fraternity and that process pushed him to become more involved. He went from having no involvements in high school, to being on the committee for FIU dance marathon, holding several committee positions within Pi Kappa Phi, and even being crowned the first ever Mr. Panther camp. While still being able to maintain a 3.4 cumulative GPA for his first year.Kevin heard about the Anthony’s Light scholarship through his fraternity because of how revered Anthony was as a brother. He was motivated to apply because he saw what amazing things Anthony had done and the impact he left on his fraternity and FIU campus life in general. Kevin is going into his second year at Florida International University and is pursuing a degree in Accounting and Finance.
- 03 Apr 2017High Carbon Monoxide Levels Kill Children at a Hotel in Michigan...
- 03 Apr 2017Tragic Death after Carbon Monoxide Leak at Hotel Pool...
- 05 Mar 2017Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: Vehicles (AEN-208)The lethal consequences of CO in engine exhaust is tragically illustrated by the hundreds of persons...
- 05 Mar 2017Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: Garages (AEN-207)Carbon monoxide (CO) is a highly toxic gas produced when fuels burn incompletely. The typical intern...
- 05 Mar 2017Keyless Ignitions Led to Carbon Monoxide Deaths and Should Have Been Recalled, Suit SaysBy Erin Dooley Some of the world’s biggest automakers should have recalled millions of vehicles with...
More info on the #InvisibleKiller
Carbon monoxide, also known as CO, is called the "Invisible Killer" because it's a colorless, odorless, poisonous gas. More than 150 people in the Unites States die every year from accidental non-fire related CO poisoning associated with consumer products.
Check out CPSC's CO Information Center for valuable details and resources for keeping your family safe from the risk of poisoning.
Check out the conversation on Twitter:#InvisibleKiller